Steps To Replace A Toner Cartridge In A Laser Printeradmin
What is a Toner Cartridge?
A toner cartridge is a cartridge that embraces physical print medium materials for a current laser printer. However, the toner is a little different from regular printer ink, rather than containing wet ink, a toner cartridge includes toner powder inside that is used to form graphics and text on the page using an electronically charged and heated printing process.
Toner cartridges are made for laser printers, which are very useful for large printing jobs. These cartridges may also need some help from additional components such as fuser units and drum.
Throughout the printing process, the toner is being shifted to paper through an electro-statically charged fused and drum unit onto the paper by heated rollers.
Toner cartridges are consist of toner powder, a dry and delicate fusion of plastic bits, carbon, and black and many more particles that helps produce a genuine image on the paper put in the printer.
How to Replace a Toner Cartridge?
Thus, the Laser printers tend to run out of toner after being continuous used. If you want to know how you can replace a toner cartridge in a laser printer, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, to access the toner cartridges, open the printer door.
- Detach the drum assembly. Do it from the printer by pulling it straight out.
- Then you will need to remove the spent cartridge. To do so, you will need to press the release lever on the drum assembly.
- Pull the new cartridge out of the box, but try to keep it in its plastic packaging.
Note: During shipping, toner often settles in the toner drum that results in poor-quality copies. It is recommended that one should gently shake the cartridge to prevent this problem. This will help in wholly sharing toner throughout the entire cartridge.
- Now you will need to remove the new cartridge from its packaging. After doing so, you will have to pull off the sealing tape.
- Here, it’s time to put the replacement cartridge in. It needs to snap in a suitable manner and the right place.
- Then you will need to slide the lever of drum cleaning back and forth.
- You will then have to Insert the drum assembly again completely, and then shut the printer’s access port.
- Finally, now the printer is ready to be used. You may print a test page.
Note: Your PC should automatically identify that a new cartridge has been installed. Most of the computers will ask you if you want to print a test page to make sure that the new cartridge is properly working. Tap on the OK button. The printer settings will automatically be scanned, and it will finally produce a printed page.