How to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error Code 48?admin
Brother Printers are most popular for offering incredible features and outstanding printing services across the globe. Nevertheless, every device is not always perfect, and after all, it is also a device which sometimes creates different issues. And all of the problem one is related to the error code 48. This Brother Printer 48 error indicates that the circuit board or print head cable of the printer is a malfunction. Moreover, it shows an error message such as unable to clean, unable to print, or unable to scan.
Many times users are experiencing a serious problem in the printer. Whenever the print head cable or circuit board of your printer is faulty, the printer cannot be able to work as smoothly as works earlier. Here are few troubleshooting steps that resolve the error code 48. But sometimes, these steps are difficult to follow and more time-consuming. In order to fix this error and save the time, we suggest you to follow the steps in the correct series as mentioned below.
Solution to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error Code 48
Many users have to experience the same issue and need to fix it as soon as possible. Whenever the error code 48 troubles, the printer stops printing immediately. Here how to easily troubleshoot with this error code 48:
Verify Debris and Paper Scraps
- Initially, turn off the printer from the power switch.
- Haul up the printer scanner cover by finger holds placed on the right and left side of the Brother printer till firmly locks in the open position.
- Inside the printer, search for the jammed paper and remove it from the printer. However, the paper may be jammed in the print head.
- If the paper head is located on the right side, you need to follow the steps of “If the print heads us on the left side”.
Alternatively, if the paper head is on the left side of the printer, then follow the steps:
- Shift the print head to the centre with the help of your fingers.
- Once verify to see that if there is any foreign object or ripped paper are jammed and remove it after shifting the print head.
- Now, carefully close the scanner cover and again connect the printer into the power switch.
- After that, the encoder strip requires to be cleaned as the error message still exists.
On the other hand, if the print head is on the right side of the printer, follow the steps:
- Firstly, connect the power cord of the printer into the power switch.
- Now, the LCD shows a message saying ‘Cover is open’.
- Long press the Stop’ Exit tab till the print head automatically moves to the middle of the printer.
- Afterwards, disconnect the printer from the power switch.
- Check if any ripped paper or foreign object stuck in the right side of the printer. If available, remove that object.
- Carefully used the Tweezers to remove the scrap paper or any other foreign object easily.
Lastly, close the cover of the scanner and reconnecting the peripheral printer into the power outlet of the printer.
Bradon Wilson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Brother Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.