How To Connect Your Printer To Multiple PCs?admin
You can connect printers and share with other systems in many ways, but it’s better to select the best and convenient options that are available to you. Many questions and queries have been received about how users can connect and share multiple computers to a single printer.
Connecting a single printer with some other computers on the same network sounds very difficult, and it is actually challenging until you don’t know what the options provided are.
Most of the today’s modern printers are featured with Wi-Fi technology that allows more than one device, PC or laptop to connect to the printer.
However, every printer is not featured with Wi-Fi, and not every device would be able to connect the printer using Wi-Fi as most PCs do not support Wi-Fi.
Thus, it depends upon the device, system, and provided recourses; you would accordingly need to pick the appropriate way to share your printer.
According to us, the best way which we would like to recommend you is given below.
Printer Connected to Your PC or Server
By using this way, you can easily connect and share multiple computing devices to a single printer. This is one of the highest common used methods.
Note: Although, a printer connected to a PC or server is one of the easiest and inexpensive ways out to share a printer. But one of the biggest setbacks is that the PC on which printer is connected should be every time kept ON; otherwise, the printer will no longer be able to work. It is because the computer is now playing the role of a print server for the printer.
To share a printer with multiple PCs on the networks, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- The printer has to be connected to the PC which will share the printer with others. Check properly that printer is accurately installed on the PC.
- After doing printers installation, once you get the PC ready with the printer, the printer can now be shared with other features and systems on the network.
- Firstly, you need to navigate to Start.
- Then click on Devices and Printers/Printer and Faxes (in XP).
Note: if you don’t find them, then place below command in Run Command Dialog Box.
- Press right-click on an icon of the printer and select Printer Properties/Properties (in XP).
- Now you have to navigate to the Sharing section and choose the option Share this Printer.
- And enter the Printer’s name; tap on OK button and save settings.
- Now you need to go to other computers on which you are looking forward to adding the shared printer.
- Then navigate to Start.
- Tap on the Devices and Printers option.
Note: if don’t find them place below command in Run Command Dialog Box. Now devices and printers will open.
- And tap on Add a Printer option.
- After that select the option Add a Network/Wireless or Bluetooth printer.
If you have a Window XP, then choose A Network Printer.
- If you are using Windows 8/7, it will search and show available printers automatically. Choose the printer and tap on Next button, Check it by doing a print test and Click on Finish.
On the other hand, if any printer is found in the list, select the option The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed. And then choose the option Select a Shared Printer by Name, now add the location of the shared printer.
Then add double backslash following with the computer system name on which the computer has been connected.